wish list

Have something to sell, looking for a specific piece of hardware.... this is the place to be.
Don

wish list

Post by Don »

well my first season has drawn to a close... now for next year... I am looking for a screacher and roller furler...and does any one know where to get shades for the side pots and the front hatch? any help is much appreciated...Don
trashpad

wish list

Post by trashpad »

If you are talking about the side windows, mine came with shades from PCI. For the hatches, we lay a dish cloth on the screen and then insert the screen.
Ron

wish list

Post by Ron »

For the screecher, include Bierig in your search. Just about any sailmaker can do it, but the ones who specialize in multihulls could be the better choice. There are some slight differences.

There must be a dozen companies out there that make shades for all of the various hatches. Google "boat hatch shade".
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
Don

wish list

Post by Don »

Thanks Ron and Trashpad, I have started searching. I found an ad in Cruising mag for the shades and Google came up with more.. what is a reasonable price for the screacher and furler?
Ron

wish list

Post by Ron »

Don wrote:what is a reasonable price for the screacher and furler?
Not sure; Got mine from PC and the package included other things (bow sprit, etc.). I paid Bierig about $1450 for the asymmetrical (with sock and shipping). Shop around - both local and mail order. Prices for sails are usually all over the place, and more expensive does not always mean better.

By the way, I personally think that the asymmetrical spinnaker is the better performing all round sail if you have only one. The only real advantage of the screecher (it's actually a code 0 asymmetrical) is that it rolls up and you can leave it there. It can go a little higher INTO the wind, but upwind it can put too much pressure on the bow sprit if the wind speed get's to 14 knots apparent or better. Get the wind somewhat behind you and the much larger asymmetrical will blow it away. That said, the fastest I've ever gone (16+ knots) was with the 150 genoa and main (both kevlar) on a reach. That was in about 18 to 19 knots of wind. The screecher, under nearly similar conditions, was about a knot slower. Anyone else have the same results?
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"