Telstar factory ?

A forum for non-sailing topics.
gsbpel

Telstar factory ?

Post by gsbpel »

Has anyone had communications with someone at the or a factory ?? I don't know who to contact or what the phone #s are since the split of Gemini and Telstar. When I tried to use Performance Cruising web site to access this forum I received a page not found indicating that the link had been dropped. What id the latest hull number of the Telstars ?
gsbpel

Telstar factory ?

Post by gsbpel »

I read the company news in the general discussion so the only question is what the latest hull number is.
Ron

Telstar factory ?

Post by Ron »

The new phone number is 410 990-0317. Tony and Sue are there, not sure who else went with them. Will is gone. The last hull number that I have a record of is something like 383. There could be a few more. There is a rumor floating around that they are taking a break from production to make a few changes to the boat. I spoke to Tony in October and he did say that he has a few things that he wants to do with the boat - like removing some weight and designing a taller rig which will not extend out the back as much when folded. Supposedly that was one of the main problems with the tall rig (stuck out about 10 feet behind the trailered boat). But he never said anything about stopping production.
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
seicam

Telstar factory ?

Post by seicam »

My boat's hull number is 384, and I am pretty sure there was one more behind mine that went to California. Ron, I think you should have me on record :-)

I have been in contact with Tony and Sue over the e-mail over the last couple weeks with some questions I had about the boat. They have been quite responsive.

Regards,
Maciek
Ron

Telstar factory ?

Post by Ron »

Maciek -

You're the last one that I have at hull # 384. I'm going to try to find out what's happened since 384.
Ron Marcuse
trashpad

Telstar factory ?

Post by trashpad »

Tony is working on some things with the T28. When we were out the other day there was a T28 centerboard that has a new shape to it. Less chord to it at the bottom while ours is more of a rectangle. The only thee T28 that I saw was an old hangar queen, their grey demo, and one white one in the water.
Ron

Telstar factory ?

Post by Ron »

The last hull number built was 384. Not sure what happened to the boat Maciek saw. Tony and Sue are taking a few months off. They'll finish the boat they are working on now and trailer that around the country. I expect to see them and the boat in SW Florida before the end of the winter. There will be several changes in it as well. I'm not sure if he will resin infuse the main hull and deck, but that was his goal when I spoke to him a few months ago, along with a taller rig that extended more at the bow when lowered. They probably won't take any more boat orders until sometime next year, but I suppose that could change if a few customers walked thru the door.
Ron Marcuse
wingman

Telstar factory ?

Post by wingman »

On the link:
* Board index ‹ Public Forums ‹ General Discussion< PCI Announcements

I related the discussion that Kurt and I had with Tony about a month ago. He has some very ambitious plans for sailing from Alaska down the coast to the U.S.

John

John
Ron

Telstar factory ?

Post by Ron »

Tony had originally told me that they were thinking about heading down to Florida for part of the winter with a new Telstar in tow, perhaps spending part of the time in Charlotte Harbor (I've got a 70 foot dock behind the house). That seems to have changed - the boat he's building now will have some serious modfications to handle cold weather cruising and Alaska will be his starting point. I figured he'd do Florida first (during the winter) and then head for Alaska in the spring. Looks like they'll be sailing in the snow instead.
Ron Marcuse
Sailawaytom

Re: Telstar factory ?

Post by Sailawaytom »

Anything new out there about Tony?
I purchased Hull # 307 from Jackalope and have enjoyed sailing her in Galveston.
Sailawaytom Hull #306
Boatname "Tri-A-Little"