Rudder line routing

Detailed posts on modifications and projects.
Ann

Rudder line routing

Post by Ann »

Does anyone have or has anyone created the route for rudder lines? Have worked on them twice in the water as we live aboard for six months. Rudder has kicked up on its own twice and then been impossible to put down for some time. Caused some interesting sail dousing in about 25 knots upwind yesterday in short lake waves in Izabal Guatemala.
ggreen

Re: Rudder line routing

Post by ggreen »

Page 13 of the owners manual shows how the lines are routed to and from the rudder. I tried to copy the picture but did not have any luck.

gary g
Ann

Post by Ann »

Telstar 28, 2006, formerly Tri-Ing, now Origami. My manual doesn't have any details about where the blocks are for routing the line that pulls the rudder down and holds it down. Does anyone have photos of work on this or the manual pages? I want to get out into the ocean off Belize shortly and must fix this. Thanks for any replies that can help.
Ann

Post by Ann »

Thanks for the new manual, mine did not have the routing of rudder lines on pages 13 and 14. Now I wish I could see the new manual to my Mac. Got the rudder-down lines installed but am having major problems with ruder:
tiller now off 20 degrees
rudder not steering boat, went round in circles sn had to be towed.
Will now have to go to boatyard in Gueaemala but they will have no clue how to help me unless I can figure out what the problem is.