How should I run the chain and rode from a bow roller?

Detailed posts on modifications and projects.
andrewm

Post by andrewm »

I'm installing a bow roller for a 22lb Delta, and was wondering what others had done to run the chain and rode into the anchor locker. A deck pipe would be the obvious thing, but the rode isn't going to simply fall through the pipe and would need to be pulled through. It's convenient just to drop the rode directly into the anchor locker, but if I do that I will need to make a notch in part of the anchor locker hatch for the chain to go into the locker. I think that would also have to be reinforced. I've seen the pictures from Tony's new boat and that seems to be what he did.
I'd be interested to know what the others of you have done.

Thanks.
Triphoon
trashpad

Post by trashpad »

I think Tony just left the chain on the deck and only had the rode going into the locker. I always questioned why Tony did not build in a way to shut the locker when the anchor was out.
gary green

Post by gary green »

My Telstar is one of the earlier ones Hull #311 so I had to position the bow roller off to starboard then I cut through the deck to send the chain down to the anchor locker. I have about 30' of chain connected to about 150' of rode. Maybe its a little overkill but you never know. I've attached a picture.

gary g.