Mark 1 cabin refit ...

Detailed posts on modifications and projects.
luigisante

Mark 1 cabin refit ...

Post by luigisante »

The design allows plenty of room in the front for plumbing from the forepeak and the galley, as well as enough space for a through-hull discharge for grey water.

Cabin4.jpg (37.34 KiB) Viewed 169 times

After the front was fitted, it was time to make cleats for the countertop, to hold it securely in place. I used the same poplar cleatstock as the chart-table.

Cabin5.jpg (45.3 KiB) Viewed 169 times

Here are the cleats holding the top in-place.

Cabin6.jpg (33.28 KiB) Viewed 169 times

(con't)
luigisante

Mark 1 cabin refit ...

Post by luigisante »

After the top was secured, the front facea was put back on and trimmed in a piece of teak rail identical to the chart table.

Cabin7.jpg (37.42 KiB) Viewed 169 times

I am debating if I should add a small, plastic trim piece to act as a back-splash or leave it as it is and just put a small white silicone bead around the seams.

Cabin8.jpg (34.11 KiB) Viewed 169 times

In any event, The Galley structure is done!! That is a relief. Now, the last section is left, where the double bed/settee combo needs to be made.

Cabin9.jpg (41.88 KiB) Viewed 169 times

I feel like I'm starting to turn into the home stretch. Sure hope this weather holds out. A mild winter would be nice.

I have also located someone to help me with the waverunner installation. I have to get the motor to him for an inspection and rebuild as soon as I can check my clearences. That will be the next thing on my agenda after getting the cabin roughed-in. I can start to work on the cabin systems while the engine is being rebuilt.

Lou
petrel

Mark 1 cabin refit ...

Post by petrel »

Lou,

You are doing some really great and interesting work. I really like your upper bunk concept and execution. Being able to see out while in the upper bunk should be something your children will really enjoy.

Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing is such detail.
Geoffrey
luigisante

Mark 1 cabin refit ...

Post by luigisante »

petrel wrote:Lou,

You are doing some really great and interesting work. I really like your upper bunk concept and execution. Being able to see out while in the upper bunk should be something your children will really enjoy.

Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing is such detail.
Geoffrey
Thanks Geoffrey. I particularly like the upper bunk area as well. My 12 year old fits perfectly up there and can gaze out the window.

I am more than happy to document my work, as it seems to be threaputic as well. I tend to organize the next step in the process as I am describing the last. It is also nice for me to easily see how far I've come. Can't wait to finish the roughing-in and start on the cabin systems.

Hopefully, I'll have the chance to get into the Chesapeak this summer.

Lou
luigisante

Mark 1 cabin refit ...

Post by luigisante »

Been busy during the holidays but was able to sneak out to the boat this weekend. Fitted the interior door jamb and squared it off with reversed pipe clamps.

cabin1.jpg (25.04 KiB) Viewed 145 times

Glued and screwed the jambs in place.

cabin2.jpg (25.45 KiB) Viewed 145 times

Checking the square with the door.

cabin3.jpg (19.25 KiB) Viewed 145 times

(con't)
Last edited by luigisante on Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: