Screecher rig

Information and posts about the rigging and sails.
escape

Re: Screecher rig

Post by escape »

The bowsprit extend to 39 inches. It's a great sail, easy to handle and usually always available when cruising unless going upwind in heavier winds, then I will take it down.
bowsprit.jpg
bowsprit.jpg (247.92 KiB) Viewed 2345 times
bowsprit2.jpg
bowsprit2.jpg (245.33 KiB) Viewed 2345 times
bowsprit3.jpg
bowsprit3.jpg (247.21 KiB) Viewed 2345 times
Michel
Chenoa, #377
agprice22

Post by agprice22 »

Ron wrote:Extend it all the way. There are control lines in the anchor locker to move it and lock it in place. I will set a bob-stay if the expected wind speed is over 10 knots. 16 or above will usually get the screecher rolled up. With my kevlar 150 genoa I don't really need it at that wind strength and it could become a safety issue. Iv'e used the asym spinnaker at somewhat higher wind speeds but only when I'm on a broad reach or deeper, and I have some more experienced crew aboard. The boat has a significant amount of standard sail and you don't need these larger sails in higher winds.
The PO removed all the bowsprit hardware and control lines. There are no blocks or cleats in the anchor locker. There is no bobstay either. Unfortunately, I have no way of telling how far it should be extended or how it was retracted. I am sure I could rig some blocks and cleats, but I would love to know the factory setup.
agprice22

Post by agprice22 »

escape wrote:The bowsprit extend to 39 inches. It's a great sail, easy to handle and usually always available when cruising unless going upwind in heavier winds, then I will take it down

Thanks! I get it. You an eye on the sprit and a couple of block setups to haul it each direction.