D Frame lines

Information and posts about the rigging and sails.
escape

D Frame lines

Post by escape »

Hi, does anyone have the length of the lines between the D Frame and the C Frames, and the D Frame to the stopping plate?

When lowering the mast,when it becomes horizontal, the mast stop moving. I don't know yet why it stop moving.
Michel
Chenoa, #377
wooden

Re: D Frame lines

Post by wooden »

Typically, when the mast movement stops, there is something very simple obstructing it. Every time I raise or lower my mast, it is something different, but when I locate and relieve the problem, all goes well. There is one pivotal point of transition that does take a little effort to overcome when raising the mast.
Steve & Mittie Wooden
Bayou Vista TX (Galveston)
"Gnarly's Poop Deck" Hull #340
escape

Post by escape »

I agree with all you said, each time there is something new to check, but all the time when lowering the mast stops and I cant figure why, and for the past years I did raise and lower the mast up to 6 times in a season.

Anyways it would be nice to have the measurements.

Thanks
Michel
Chenoa, #377
escape

Post by escape »

Hi

Posting again, does anyone have the length of the line between the D Frame and the C Frames, and the D Frame to the stopping plate?

My mast is currently down and I will be leaving for the North Channel this weekend for a 3 weeks vacation. I still have not figure out why the mast stop lowering when it get to the vertical position.

Thanks
Michel
Chenoa, #377
Cruissser

Post by Cruissser »

Hi Michel,
Did you ever find out the lengths? Just curious. Here is a video of me lowering and raising the mast with the previous owner. I have no idea if its working right, can you take a look and give me your thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeToe43DRHU&t=2s

Thanks
escape

Post by escape »

Hi, nobody responded but I figure that it has to be about the length of the «D» frame, as it attach at the bottom of the frame when not in use.

Nice mast raising video, seems to be working right.

Nice mast raising video, seems to be working right. I would say take your time while raising/lowering the mast, look everywhere for a line that is caught somewhere, read the operational checklists in the manual, all is there. Also at the final step of lowering the mast check that the shroud turnbukles does not get crush by the «A» frame.

I usually raise and lower the mast on the trailer, it is more stable and easier to align with the wind.
Michel
Chenoa, #377
Ron

Post by Ron »

I'll be back in Florida in about 3 weeks. If no one else responds, I'll measure them.

Ron
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
Tri’d n Sail’d

Post by Tri’d n Sail’d »

Michel and Escape, did you get a response on this? If so, or if you found the answer by other means, would you please share? Thanks!

Jim
Jim Parsch
Sunshine & Whiskey
Telstar 28 #339
Bedford, IN