Harken vs. Furlex Furlers

Information and posts about the rigging and sails.
wingman71

Re: Harken vs. Furlex Furlers

Post by wingman71 »

I still have my whole system. Cannot with good conscience sell the system to anyone, so if I can remove the piece you want, I will. I found that it is not trivial to take the foil apart.

Send me an email at jke_inv@icloud.com
escape

Post by escape »

Hi Wingman71,

That would be great.
Do you have the "D" part (extrusion) that is about 15 inch long at the top of the furler? I am wondering if PC assemble all the furler like mine.
Michel
Chenoa, #377
wingman71

Post by wingman71 »

I have "D", as I have the full curler, but it is not clear, at least to me, what exactly "D" is. As is said before, the curler is not easy to disassemble. Take a picture of your top section, if that is easy to do. I can send you a picture of mine by email if you send me your address.

jke_inv@icloud.com

John
escape

Post by escape »

John,

If you look at the picture on page 1, the "D" section is only a 15 inch section of extrusion. The idea is to have a good support for the top swivel when furling by placing a joining sleeve and distance tube(bushing) close to the top of the furler. In contrast my top extrusion is a complete section (+/- 60 inch) with no distance tube, so the extrusion is loose on the stay and does not turn well, aluminum on SS, there is a lot of chafing and wear inside the extrusion. What I missing on my furler is 1 joining sleeve and 2 distance tube.
Michel
Chenoa, #377