Dodger

Information and posts about the rigging and sails.
Cathyalan

Dodger

Post by Cathyalan »

Now that PCI is out of the Telstar business, retro-fits are difficult. Any suggestions on getting a Dodger for 2005 Telstar?

Cathyalan

Alan
Cathy & Alan #313
Dan

Dodger

Post by Dan »

In the back of the owner's manual is a list of vendors. I believe the maker of the bimini and dodger are listed there. Contact them, as they'd have the measurements and sourcing for the frames already done. I have the stock dodger and like it a lot.
gary green

Dodger

Post by gary green »

You can also go to a custom canvas shop that specializes in dodgers. I went locally as I have had a good experience with this company and liked their work. Since mine was the first Telstar they probably have the templates. The company is http://www.customcoverscanvas.com in Clinton, CT. They also did my cockpit cushions. I've included some pictures.

gary g.
tricruiser

Dodger

Post by tricruiser »

Hello Gary,

Looking at the dodger set up picture, I noticed a lot of mechanical gear on the mast under the boom.
What have you got there??
Just curious.
Thanks
Tricruiser (Fred)
gary green

Dodger

Post by gary green »

Sorry for the delay in responding but the mechanicals at the base of the mast under the boom are the conections for the wind instruments, communication antenna, mast head lights. Mine is an earlier T28 Hull 311. I would like to clean that area up with a better way to make connections in the boat but haven't worked that out yet. The other large object is my owl with moeavble head. It seems that the birds enjoy the T28 as much as I do and love using the open ama as a dinner table!!!

gary g
Cathyalan

Dodger

Post by Cathyalan »

I did not see your post until now.
Do you have a bimini? Does the dodger attach to/meet the bimini?
How much was the dodger?

Alan
Cathy & Alan #313
gary green

Dodger

Post by gary green »

I do not have a bimini. The dodger including special UV rsisitent glass and covers was $2,300 installed.

gary g.