Dave Bierig contact information

Information and posts about the rigging and sails.
luigisante

Post by luigisante »

Does anybody have an email address for Dave Bierig? When I contacted him, about 5 years ago, he did not use it. I see none posted on line, nor do i see a website for his business. Must be nice to be in such demand. Anybody?

Lou Giansante
Ron

Post by Ron »

Dave is not exactly the leading edge in technology, other than in making sails. As I remember, he doesn't even take credit cards.

You've got 3 choices - carrier pigeon, smoke signals and this office phone number - (814) 459-8001. If he has a cell phone, it's probably not turned on.
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
luigisante

Post by luigisante »

Good to see that some things never change. Since I've already gone the pigeon and smoke route, it's time to try the phone. Thanks for the number.

Lou

BTW, is Dave making the sails for the boats being sold by the factory?
Ron

Post by Ron »

Bierig's probably been making the sails for PC since Tony moved over here. He actually does some nice work - I've got the factory ordered kevlar genoa and main, the screecher (also thru the factory) and a 1.5 oz spinnaker I picked up last year. I figured I'd rather spend $5,000 on sails than a 50 hp motor - it is a sailboat, right?

All 4 are very nice, but the two kevlar laminate sails are works of art. Their shape is as perfect as you can get. I'm hoping to get 10 good years out of them, as opposed to 15 out of dacron with 2 years being "good". You gotta keep them out of the sun when they're not flying - UV is one of the only things that will bother the kevlar laminate. I even bought a sock for the furled genoa - didn't trust the UV covering sewn to the leech and foot. Only complaint, especially on the main, is that it would probably be easier to flake cardboard. The stuff won't stretch and it doesn't like to fold.
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
luigisante

Post by luigisante »

Nice to hear you like the sails so much. My boat had a genoa when i bought it but no main. I was talking to dave before i shelved my project last time. At that time, I was considering a fully battented composite main. I'm sure I want the kevlar sails. Probably the first upgrade will be a kevlar headsail.

Lou