Sail Numbering

Information and posts about the rigging and sails.
Jerry

Sail Numbering

Post by Jerry »

Is there any reasoning behind the numbering on the Main sail. I have hull 379 yet the sail number is 377?
gary green

Sail Numbering

Post by gary green »

Hi Jerry,

My understanding is that the sail number usually matches the Hull number. On any new boat I purchased the sail number always matched the Hull number. Maybe, some of the others on this sight can shed some light on this topic.

gary g
Ron

Sail Numbering

Post by Ron »

The answer is simple - someone made a mistake. Either Bierig put on the wrong number or another boat has the sail with 379. If several sails came in from Bierig at the same time, it would have been fairly easy to grab the wrong box. PCI normally does not open the sails up - it's a matter of looking at the paperwork, which could have been wrong also. At least you didn't wind up with 2 genoa's !

The numbers are applied with heat (like an iron). It would be easy for a local sailmaker to correct the problem. If you ever race the boat you may wind up replacing all of the numbers.
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
trashpad

Sail Numbering

Post by trashpad »

It was more like 377 changed their minds and went with better sails at the last min, so PCI used 377 on yours. Reboot is 349 but sails with 346 on the main.