OK, Let's Share

Tips on Cruising, Information on Sailing Destinations and Stories about Trips Taken
Cathyalan

OK, Let's Share

Post by Cathyalan »

The post below was posted by Graham on May 19, 2010. I haven't seen much since.

I am a web developer so I can do stuff to enhance our "sharing" with you. Yes, everybody should share. Sharing and Learning is a wonderful thing.
Here is a link to a pictorial of our first season experience on the Telstar: www.lksc.org/telstar We have one more week in mid-September. Cathy and I would love to hear from you. The Telstar has enhanced one of our passions. We also sail an MC Scow and a Hobie 18. We also bicycle, motorcycle, cross county ski,and have DN ice boats. We like to dance, hike, drink beer, wine and Scotch (mostly me), and have fun ;o)

We may never meet, but we can still share a passion from afar. The Great Lakes have much, much to offer and the Telstar has a TRAILER !!!! Check out The North Channel: http://continuouswave.com/north-channel/cruise.html We are going there 2011.

The Telstar is a bit short for full Great Lakes cruising because of the short wave lengths on the Great Lakes, but you can trailer the Telstar to where you want to cruise!! What a great advantage!! She easily handles 3-5 foot waves on greater than 60 degree reaches. Just stay out of 4-8 foot waves. Don't beat her up. There are anchorages all around except for the east shore of Wisconsin on Lake Michigan (numerous slips) and lower Green Bay (no slips). Northern Green Bay and Northern and Eastern Lake Huron are anchorage heaven. As is the Michigan side of Lake Michigan and south Lake Superior. The water is FRESH, clean, clear and loving. It is said that if you can sail the Great Lakes you can sail anywhere. If you are like Cathy and me, still working with limited "vacation" time the Great Lakes and a trailer are wonderful.

Enjoy our pictorial and we hope to hear from you.

Alan and Cathy

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Where is everybody?????

Postby Graham » Wed May 19, 2010 6:30 pm
There are what? approximately 70-80 Telstar 28's? How about getting on line and telling us your experieinces, etc. And don't use the excuse that you are sailing and don't have the time to communicate. There is more communication with the 26 people than with the 28's.
Cathy & Alan #313
seicam

OK, Let's Share

Post by seicam »

Very nice pictures - thanks for sharing.
We have never yet tried to beach our boat, although I am inclined to try it some day. Must be an interesting experience.

For us it's been a first year, too. A lot of learning and sailing and still more to do. This year we kept the boat in marina and sailed from there. This was a new location for us, so a lot of new places to explore. Next year we may try moving the boat on trailer more and exploring some farther grounds.

Regards,
Maciek