8M Trailer details

Documentaton, tests, specifications of the older Telstar designs such as the 26 and 8M
Ron

8M Trailer details

Post by Ron »

The 8M trailer drawings may have been part of Newsletter 23, but with limitations on maximum space per document at google.doc, Im listing it separately here. I'm not sure if I've ever seen an "A" frame trailer where the "A" is the whole length. Must be the British way of doing it. Hope it didn't have Lucas electric's (from someone who grew up with Triumph's, MG's, Healey's, and Sunbeams).

http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B7Q ... ZDM3&hl=en
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
Pat Ross

8M Trailer details

Post by Pat Ross »

Lucas - "The Prince of Darkness"

Pat
luigisante

8M Trailer details

Post by luigisante »

My first car was an MGB. I have had my share of Lucas electrical problems. My favortie were the Lucas points which had a plastic lobe that would lift the points when the distributer cam rotated. The problem was that the plastic would melt at normal engine temperatures and the points would close causing a backfire. The drill was: hear a backfire bang - grab the screwdriver close at hand, adjust points (had the right feeler gage on my keychain) - get back in and drive away - repeat as often as necessary (every other week or so).

Lou