Hull to wing hinges

Talk about the older Telstar 26 and 8M
Anna

Re: Hull to wing hinges

Post by Anna »

Hi Joe,

Thank you so much for the drawings and photos of the struts!! I almost lost my hopes on getting any info on this, so your assistance is really appreciated.

Yes, I’ll definitely prepare and galvanise the brackets before attaching the struts.

Could you also please send me some photos of how these struts attach to the hulls on your trimaran? As it seems to go diagonal on mine. Thanks again.

Anna
JoeS.

Post by JoeS. »

Almost all of my Telstar photos are on film and I'm in the process of digitizing a lifetime of photos. At the moment my Telstar is folded up so nothing to show. When the outer hulls are opened up the struts line up with the brackets and the struts are at an angle, but the deck only has a slight slope and the the flat section closest to the main hull is quite level - unfortunately, can't see the struts in the photo below.
Attachments
TelstarInBayScanRed.jpg
TelstarInBayScanRed.jpg (91.54 KiB) Viewed 5160 times
cawsandboy

Post by cawsandboy »

Anyone still active on this thread pse?
Have just had new SS hinges made and ready to fit
Made in PLYMOUTH UK with CNC for £600 uk pounds
PNW Telstar

Post by PNW Telstar »

Cawsanboy, any design specs you can upload and share with the group would.be appreciated, as strengthening those connections is of interest to other owners
JoeS.

Post by JoeS. »

Anna wrote:
Could you also please send me some photos of how these struts attach to the hulls on your trimaran? As it seems to go diagonal on mine. Thanks again.

Anna, I finally opened up my Telstar as I had to remove the trailer and have it refurbished (brakes and anti-sway upgrade). Attaching a few photos of the struts after I put it back on the trailer.

DSCF2650TelstarStbdFwdStrutRed.jpeg
DSCF2650TelstarStbdFwdStrutRed.jpeg (196.42 KiB) Viewed 113 times
DSCF2648TelstarPortAftStrutRed.jpeg
DSCF2648TelstarPortAftStrutRed.jpeg (203.12 KiB) Viewed 113 times
DSCF2652TelstarSFHingeDetailRed.jpeg
DSCF2652TelstarSFHingeDetailRed.jpeg (184.54 KiB) Viewed 113 times