Drawings and data centre board swing keel Telstar 26MK1

Talk about the older Telstar 26 and 8M
Frank Rayong

Drawings and data centre board swing keel Telstar 26MK1

Post by Frank Rayong »

Hi guys
who can supply me drawings and data about the centre board /swing keel of the Telstar 26MK1.
I am actually overhauling mine and would be happy to receive all kind of available data.
Br Frank
Hull52

Re: Drawings and data centre board swing keel Telstar 26MK1

Post by Hull52 »

I don't know if I kept the measurements or if I have my original board's tracing. I'll have to take a look. Mine is in the casing. I can measure that for you and make you a tracing if you would like. I have pictures of the centerboard that I made. I sandwiched two pieces of marine plywood with a layer of Kevlar in the middle to resist breakage. Then I shaped the board to provide a proper surface to provide lift to the board. I'll take a look around as soon as I can.
Frank Rayong

Post by Frank Rayong »

Dear Hulls
that would be great to get the data.
Please send it to my private email.
franksteinstrass@live.de
Thank you very much advanced!!
Br Frank
Hull52

Post by Hull52 »

Just finished the floor.
Frank Rayong

Post by Frank Rayong »

Dear Hulls
I had similar flooring material and decide now to use honey comp panel fiber it and
paint later and then use some kiwi grip as non skid. i give the boat internal more light
and it looks more clean.
I also decided to make stairs at the back and move the rudder underneath. That will give the boat
much better use and comfort getting in and out.
My swing keel had soaked water and is blown up and stuck in the outer fiber hull and do not want to move.
Seem I have to cut it out and renew it completely. It looks like the old design like not really a dynamical shape and i think
like to change that too. I would like get to system underneath the berth level so I can gain more comfort sleeping place.
Both Amas are done from inside already , new fiber layers and stringers in honey comp and epoxi. Outer hull and new decks will follow.
Same is going with the main hull, outside color is stripped already and we are moving to the inside. Washing all several times of the
get the acid from the blisters out before we do new layers with epoxy. Both Amas got really rigid again compared to the flexi condition
it had with the rotten stringers. Will take some month more but i am sure it will be almost like new later on.
Br Frank
Hull52

Post by Hull52 »

Hi Frank,

I went through my old pictures and took measurements of my centerboard case. I'll try to get an email out to you by the weekend. Work on my boat is progressing nicely. I'll likely be launching in the Spring. My last big challenge is finishing up the electrical system.

Lou
Hull52

Post by Hull52 »

Hey Frank,

I couldn't email all the pictures and my measurements of the centerboard case. I sent you an email and a link to my dropbox. Just posting here to make sure you got it.

Lou