Folding the amas

Talk about the older Telstar 26 and 8M
Peter

Folding the amas

Post by Peter »

Some time ago i saw an article on this site I think with a description of the gear required for single handed ama folding: Does anyone have a link to any such articles or pictures, and/or advice?
luigisante

Re: Folding the amas

Post by luigisante »

I use a bi-pod made from two pieces of unistrut. A manual trailer winch provides lifting power. I have pad eyes on the amas at both ends. I use a length of chain hooked to the padeyes to which the winch gets hooked. That lifts the ama easily and remains very stable. I have a video laying around somewhere. I'll go looking for it when I can. I might also have a video of Joe S lifting his mast, which he did with a couple of aircraft grade tubes as a supporting A frame. I'll see if I can locate that too. Then I'll have to find a VHS player to transfer it to a CD. :D
sandeb2

Re: Folding the amas

Post by sandeb2 »

i have posted this before but all my posts were deleted when they changed BBS system.

with 2 10 foot 2x4s, a small winch, bolts and a block, and a little more wood, i can raise my AMAs by myself in about 45 min. and 30 min with help.
see pics at
https://plus.google.com/photos/10717133 ... 185?sort=1

myself and a 22yr old, have done it in 37 min from arriving at ramp until in the water.
Sandy & Debbie Williamson Telstar 8M #254
WORDBoats.com & HeliCat.net & WORDyachts.com S cell:253-376-8273 or 888-387-1963
Spanaway, WA 98387 near Seattle