Centerboard trunk question

Talk about the older Telstar 26 and 8M
luigisante

Post by luigisante »

I love the way you've painted the boat. It really squats down the superstructure's profile and makes the boat look sleek. It takes full advantage of look of all of the Lexan on the boat too. Very nice job.

Lou G.
petrel

Post by petrel »

I agree with the previous comments. You have a really elegant looking Telstar. As for the centerboard trunk leak. If your boat is built like mine the interior fiberglass section - floor bunks and all - meets the exterior fiberglass hull including centerboard trunk at the top of centerboard trunk. Possibly the two are not sealed together when you capped the trunk. Also the drive shaft has to be sealed to trunk on the water side.

Hope this helps
Geoffrey
JoeWalling

Post by JoeWalling »

I think the Telstar centreboard trunks are the ugliest thing on the boat and I'm really looking forward to reworking it next winter. I have not decided how or what to do yet but here is my current system. It is simplicity itself. The board is a very tight fit in the trunk and it basically stays where you put it - I have no uphaul,downhaul or locking mechanisms, just the tough short piece of hardwood attached to the top of the board by a U shackle and a short piece of rope. It requires both hands and a good brace position to move it, but as i say, it stays where you put it.