8M Engine Sled Measurements and photos

Talk about the older Telstar 26 and 8M
Pat Ross

Post by Pat Ross »

Engine Sled Side View Engine Sled side view.JPG (113.08 KiB) Viewed 63 times

The sled is 42" (1.07M) long. You can see the block and tackle that is used to raise and lower the sled. You can see the post to the stern of the sled that braces and allows the sled to be raised and lowered, it is 27" (68.6cm) long.

Sled aft view Engine Sled aft view.JPG (111.53 KiB) Viewed 63 times

The sled is 16" (40.64cm) wide

Forward Sled Pivot Pin Engine sled forward pivot mount.JPG (95.74 KiB) Viewed 63 times

The sled pivots on this fixed pin forward

More photos in the next post.

Pat
Pat Ross

Post by Pat Ross »

Below are photos of the mounting points of the aft engine sled post. The post insures the sled stays in the same relative position to the boat as the engine is raised and lowered by the block and tackle.

Aft Sled Post "Top Mount" Aft Sled post top mount.JPG (90.73 KiB) Viewed 62 times

Aft Sled Post "Bottom Mount" Aft sled post bottom mount.JPG (119.3 KiB) Viewed 62 times

Interior view of sled fixed aft post Interior view aft sled post.JPG (118.03 KiB) Viewed 62 times

Pat
Evoxrs

Post by Evoxrs »

Hi Pat,
Thanks for the photos and dimensions they are excellent and show very clearly how it has been fixed. There are a few diffreences in the MK2 hull shape but these can be overcome, I'm sure. I will see what I can come up with in terms of a modification to the mk1
Cheers,
Cliff