Painting your telstar.

Talk about the older Telstar 26 and 8M
Pat Ross

Painting your telstar.

Post by Pat Ross »

Yeah there are usually 5 or 6 guys, all owners, who are pitching in but I figure they are having fun somewhere. With the oil spill at my door step I am reluctant to put mine back in the water just yet. I still need to do some minimal things before I launch and I am nearly recoverd from a shoulder surgery. So I will pursue the work on the boat, I have her in my drive way and I can wait and see what the coming weeks bring. I am about 45 minutes by boat to the Gulf entrance. Some oil has been found inside the Pensacola Bay, which is two bays over from me. With the increased wave action from Hurrican Alex there has been a further breach of the oil in to Pensacola Bay. If they are unable to capture this type of stuff, eventually it will work it's way back to the bayou's and estuaries where all the breeding and young aquatic life is born or lives. All ready ALL of the commercial fishing back in the bayous for crab and shrimp has stopped. Any seafood we get we either capture ourselves, crab nets, or if I go to the seafood shop they are getting their seafood well east of here, but the oil moving in that direction as well, so it is only a matter of time when that is gone.

Pat
Last edited by Pat Ross on Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: