HUSH - Telstar Mk2 1978

Talk about the older Telstar 26 and 8M
JoeWalling

HUSH - Telstar Mk2 1978

Post by JoeWalling »

HUSH today, being driven by 'Andy' - the autohelm. Great inventions.
JoeWalling

HUSH - Telstar Mk2 1978

Post by JoeWalling »

These photos are primarily for Alex, with the boat Trina, who is is considering headlining options. The main saloon's roof on HUSH has 4 very thin plywood panels painted white and screwed into battens. Cheap softwood strips, satined and varnished complete the look - which is not bad - and still allows you to inspect the inside of the roof quite easily.There are two further panels, one for each window.

Next winter for me is project interior. I plan to 'steal' the colour scheme from Pat's Native Dancer and I'll probably cover the above panels with conventional headline padding - I'll still be able to remove them for inspection.
Pat Ross

HUSH - Telstar Mk2 1978

Post by Pat Ross »

I sure enjoy these photos, thanks! Feel free to use our decorating ideas. :)

Pat
JoeWalling

HUSH - Telstar Mk2 1978

Post by JoeWalling »

The wife at the helm. And in more typical pose with beer in hand.
JoeWalling

HUSH - Telstar Mk2 1978

Post by JoeWalling »

I love the simple,functional, elegance of the Telstar design. C'mon guys - let's see some more pictures of your boats
JoeWalling

HUSH - Telstar Mk2 1978

Post by JoeWalling »

Not sure if I have previously posted thes photos taken shortly after the stern extension was completed. You may remember that all we did was to continue aft exactly the Telstar's existing lines - top,sides and bottom - to reach a point where the new resultant transom broke the water line by a few inches. Over a year on, I'm pleased to say that I would'nt have changed a thing.
Peter

HUSH - Telstar Mk2 1978

Post by Peter »

Jo,

Am pulling my Telstar out of the water this winter for her first major overhaul in 12 years, and was thinking of adding an extension whilst I was at it. Everything I read suggests that it is a "must have" addition. I just wondered whether you had any plans or details, does and dont's that you could pass on?

Best regards

Peter
Threefold
"Let the ship wrecks of others be your land marks"
JoeWalling

HUSH - Telstar Mk2 1978

Post by JoeWalling »

Hi again Peter,

Take a look at the thread Stern Extension. I chronicled the development reasonably well, I think, including reasons for doing it and subsequent results. I had to - I had Pat Ross to account to!
The development was based on that of the Mk3 Lapwing and, to my mind,has been a complete success. The rudder and tiller arrangement of Lapwing is more elegant. At the time my yard 'prettied-up' the existing rudder stock and I extended the tiller as described in the thread as a temporary measure but I'm going to keep it the way it is now. The yard did a fantastic job and I would not change a single thing. Check out the thread in detail. Count on about 7/8 days labour, plus materials.

Cheers,Joe
ajaxpc

HUSH - Telstar Mk2 1978

Post by ajaxpc »

Peter -

I'm doing a stern extension which will be very different from Joe's (if it all works out!).

You can see details at:

http://telstartrina.blogspot.com/

I've also blogged a number of other things I'm doing/planning.

Regards,
Alex.