Old Association Newsletters

Talk about the older Telstar 26 and 8M
Ron

Post by Ron »

Lou sent me a few issues of the old UK based Associaton newsletters - which I plan on scanning and then putting these pdf's on the web site or forum. Since they are copies of copies, some pages may not be able to be scanned (photographs, drawings, etc.) or may be irrelevant now. I will do what I can, but I'd like to ask permission of the people who wrote many of the articles - Lou Giansante, Joe Siudzinski and any others who may have joined us if it would be OK to publish these on our website and/or forum. I probably cannot track down any of the other authors.
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
luigisante

Post by luigisante »

Fine by me. I'll send Joe an email but I think he was going back to the South Seas - we should all be so lucky.

Lou
luigisante

Post by luigisante »

Heard from Joe - he is currently in Alaska and heading to Vancouver. He will be back home on the 20th. He has almost all of the newsletters and seems more than willing to help out getting them scanned and posted. H efeels that it might make more sense to post them chronologically. I think he is willing to make PDF's out there and send them to you to post, but Ill let him address that when he gets back.

Lou
petrel

Post by petrel »

Folks,

Over the years I have collected many articles on the early Telstars. My file folder is about 2" thick and contains old newsletters, written notes from other owners, old brochures and some photos. For example I just found a color print of a 26 named "Veronica 1" sail number 107.

Unfortunately I am unable to access the Member Info Center to compare what is there with what I have. I suspect this is because I joined the group last year and did not return until this week - it is a long story! Now, with the anticipation of becoming a Telstar sailor again I paid my dues and have spent the last two days reading this great forum and would like to help out.

Ron,

I also have an old address list of the previous Telstar Association which may help in getting permissions from some of the authors.

Geoffrey

Edit: Whoops, my Telstar is an 8T. I have changed my signature accordingly
Last edited by petrel on Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: