Stern Extension

Talk about the older Telstar 26 and 8M
JoeWalling

Stern Extension

Post by JoeWalling »

Thanks for that, Pat. I forgot to mention that my rigging is far too loose for my comfort - that might have an effect on sail efficiency.
luigisante

Stern Extension

Post by luigisante »

Hello all:

How has everyone been? How's your back (errr shoulder - Edit :D ) doing Pat. I've been a bit distracted since April by a small bit of oil spilling in the Gulf :mrgreen: . When I started my legal career, I was a law Clerk for a federal Judge in New Orleans. I have a lot of friends in the gulf area and spend quite a bit of time there. While the judge was still alive, we would go back every other year for a reunion where we would have a shrimp fest in Bay St. Louis.

I have a couple of friends in the fishing and oyster business down there who have been devistated. I've been helping them salvage what they can and make proper insurance claims. Needless to say, I've been a bit busy.

I haven't had a lot of time to work on the cabin refit but have made some progress lately. I found a really nice fiberglass sheet material sold at Lowes to cover the inside. It is a flexible material yet looks fairly solid when put in place. Scribing and cutting it has proved to be more difficult than I imagined. The Styrene smell is really strong when it is cut. Nevertheless, I will proabably have the forepeak done this weekend. The shower drain sump is in and ready to be hooked up to a discharge fitting. I'll post a progress report when I get a second.

I read your sea trials with great interest. Do you credit the stern extension with the boat's newly acquired pointing ability. This is amazing. Keep us informed. If I can only figure out how to incorporate the jet drive and the extesion. Hmmmmm. :mrgreen:

Anyway. Greetings to all. I have an estimate from Dave Berig on the main and I'm having it made. I think I'm still on track to get the boat to a boatyard in the fall. Maybe there will be time for sea trials if the weather holds into November.

Lou
Last edited by luigisante on Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: