Talk about the older Telstar 26 and 8M
JoeWalling

Post by JoeWalling »

Hi All,

My name is Joe Walling. I live in Emsworth on the south coast of England. Emsworth is a lovely fishing village - check out our website! - and our 1978 Telstar 26 Mk11 - named Hush - is moored near our sailing club. I want to thank you in the ITOA for giving us 'Old Telstarians' a home and I hope to be an active member of the Association. Cheers
Dan

Post by Dan »

Welcome aboard Joe... Do you have any photos of Hush you'd like to post? What is the website URL?
Ron

Post by Ron »

Joe sent me this the other day. It was about 2mb in size - had to shrink it down a drop to fit. Boat is in very nice shape. The ama's should look very familiar to us.
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
JoeWalling

Post by JoeWalling »

Hi Dan. thanks for the welcome. I have a couple more nice pics of Hush but i don't know how to upload them. I also have some drawings and specs for anyone who has an older Telstar like mine and want to make the usual mods: stern extension,raising of the wing decks and centreboard reshaping. Our village of Emsworth's website has'nt been updated since 2006 but has some good shots of the town and the harbour. Our sailing club is the prominent double gabled red brick building on the water's edge as seen in a couple of the photos. Cheers.Joe Sorry forgot the URL which is www.emsworth.vir.co.uk
Ron

Post by Ron »

Joe -

Someone posted something the other day in the Trailer section asking for some information on lowering/raising the mast and folding/unfolding the ama's on an 8M (but they don't actually fold, right?). I think it's similar to your 26. Do you have anything (directions, manuals, pictures, etc.) on doing this? The guy seems to work at some multihull place. I suppose he could ask Tony but he''ll be away for a few weeks more. We could post your stuff (assuming you have something) on our site for any 26's to look at. We already have a reference area in the members section.

I hope my boat looks as good as yours does in 30 years. Nice job of keeping it up.
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
luigisante

Post by luigisante »

Hi Joe:

I have a 26 Mark 1 and am remaking the centerboard. I am interested in any information you have on centerbaord reshaping. I have put 2 pieces of plywood together with West epoxy, sandwiching a piece of Kevlar inbetween. I think the board will be bullet proof (pun intended) when I get it reshaped and ready for sailing. I want to loft the leading edge as close to an airfoil shape as I can and taper the trailing edges as much as possible to make a clean signature when it is down and the boat is going to windward.

Lou Giansante
luigisante

Post by luigisante »

I am noting the work done, im assuming by the previous owner, glassing in the old windows space and installing ports instead. You may have the only older Telstar that doesn't leak (lol).

Unless that is a spinnaker pole on the deck, it looks like you have a bowsprint. I am interested in installing one. Could you provide me with a few photos of the attachment details on your bowsprint and do you have a picture of flying a screacher or asymeterical from it?

Lou Giansante
JoeWalling

Post by JoeWalling »

Hi Lou

Yup,its a bowsprit, installed by the previous owner. Its rather crude, just a piece of what we call scaffold pole. I'll take some pics in the next coupla days and post them - once I find out how to do that! I'll also post the drawing of the centreboard reshape,but that again is quite rudimentary. Cheers.Joe
Pat Ross

Post by Pat Ross »

When you post the photos of the new centerboard start a new topic. It can make searching for information in the future a lot easier. Same thing on the Bow Spirit.

Regards,

Pat
ajaxpc

Post by ajaxpc »

JoeWalling wrote:... the usual mods: stern extension ...

Joe -

I'm interested in info on the stern extension. Can you post this?

Regards,
Alex.

(Trina - http://telstartrina.blogspot.com/)