Future Website problems

Talking about the boats in general, that don't fit in the other categories.
Ron

Future Website problems

Post by Ron »

My boat, damaged by Hurricane Ian, was totaled and taken by the insurance company about 3 months ago. I've been looking for someone to take my place as administrator for at least 6 months. Had one volunteer, but haven't heard from him since June. After 15 years of doing this, I will no longer log in as administrator. You need someone to take over NOW. Future problems involve paying for the web service and name, collecting the money to do this, and administrating the site. We have about $40 left on paypal, and the total cost will be about $250 per year, payable in November or December.
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
Ron

Re: Future Website problems

Post by Ron »

Hey guys - If no one takes over this site will be gone before the end of the year. I'll hang around and help out occasionally. but I will not run it any more. My boat was damaged almost 1 year ago.
Ron Marcuse
PNW Telstar

Post by PNW Telstar »

Ron, I am willing to help run the website. Thanks for doing it so far amd I hope you will occasionally check the site for opportunities to share your Telstar knowledge. Do you want to follow up via phone?
PNW Telstar

Post by PNW Telstar »

Ron, I am willing to help run the website. Thanks for doing it so far amd I hope you will occasionally check the site for opportunities to share your Telstar knowledge. Do you want to follow up via phone?
Ron

Post by Ron »

To PNW Telstar:

Thanks. For a starter, look at my last response in the Site Talk section - New Admin needed now. It covers some of the duties of the job.
Ron Marcuse
Ron

Post by Ron »

I just received the auto-renewal information from BlueHost.com (our web provider). It renews on October 20, 2023. Cost is $251.76 for the year. They will attempt to charge our paypal account 15 days before that date. We have around $32 in the account. Since my name is on both the Bluehost and paypal accounts, I will remove my name before then. Who is taking over? You will need to get some money from the members and start a new paypal account soon.
Ron Marcuse