New commodore needed now

Talking about the boats in general, that don't fit in the other categories.
Ron

New commodore needed now

Post by Ron »

Tri-Power is gone. Hurricane Ian damage. Insurance company came this morning to get it. It will wind up with an auction house - IAA. Probably will be re-sold somewhere in Florida. I'll hang around the list to help out, but a Telstar owner should take over this job. I will stop doing this work in a few weeks. Any volunteers?
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
Cdurbin

Re: New commodore needed now

Post by Cdurbin »

I would be glad to take over, however I’m am still looking for a Telstar in the southeast. How bad was the damage to yours? If I get one soon I’ll give you a call about taking over.
Ron

Post by Ron »

Doesn't look too bad from the outside. Boat was strapped to boat lift for storm, out of the water. Got shaken up a bit. Took 3 months to get it back into the water (lift was damaged too). Heavy rain water intrusion in both ama's (wood frame rotted), starboard hinge damaged, rudder jammed halfway down, all instruments damaged, some gel coat cracks and gouges, maybe some centerboard problems, etc. It will wind up at an auction house (IAA Insurance Auctions, probably in Florida). Trailer in pretty good shape.

I'm looking for a current owner to take over very soon. I'd hate to see the site and club fade away. Note that we also do not have enough money to pay for next years internet hosting fees.
Ron Marcuse
Tri’d n Sail’d

Post by Tri’d n Sail’d »

I'll do it.
Jim Parsch
Sunshine & Whiskey
Telstar 28 #339
Bedford, IN
rorr1203

Post by rorr1203 »

Ron, so sorry to hear about Tri-Power, do you have the tarp covering her on your lift and the Raymarine ST 60 wind vane? Thank you Steve Hull # 382
Ron

Post by Ron »

Jim -

You seem to be the only one who's interested. Give it a day or two more and we'll see what happens. The job requires some computer skills, or at least access to someone who does. It uses the phpBB forum software. I had help at times too.

Answer to the other response - The whole boat is gone, it had no cover and the wind meter went with the boat. Didn't work anymore.

By the way - I found Tri-Power anchored on the Peace River about 1/2 mile north of the Route 41 bridges. The boat movers anchored it there apparently waiting for a an open slot on a travel lift.
Ron Marcuse
Tri’d n Sail’d

Post by Tri’d n Sail’d »

Copy that Ron. I'm okay in that department and perhaps we can Zoom to help with transition.
Jim Parsch
Sunshine & Whiskey
Telstar 28 #339
Bedford, IN