Trailering Length

Talking about the boats in general, that don't fit in the other categories.
ecowan

Trailering Length

Post by ecowan »

Does anyone know offhand the overall length of the telstar on a trailer, from the hitch to the back of the boat?

Thanks
Ron

Re: Trailering Length

Post by Ron »

It's got to be around 35 feet total. Boat and mast stick out in back and trailer in front.
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
wooden

Post by wooden »

Hitch to back of boat could mean a number of things. When on the trailer and with the mast lowered, you perhaps want the length from the end of the genoa furler (which sticks out beyond the hitch in the front, to the back of the mast (or top) of the mast as it sticks behind the boat stern. I stored my boat in a 40-foot hanger and it did not fit at first. I had to disconnect the furler at the top of the mast and move it back about 6 inches so it would fit in the hanger. I am not sure that helps, but the overall length needed for storage is 40 feet 6 inches unless you make those adjustments as I did. It is pretty easy to detach the furler and then reattach it when you are ready to move. I suspect you can reduce your overall length to about 39 feet (or perhaps a bit less by doing this.
Steve & Mittie Wooden
Bayou Vista TX (Galveston)
"Gnarly's Poop Deck" Hull #340
rorr1203

Post by rorr1203 »

I just bought a 2009 Telstar 28 without a trailer, always lift stored. I have the 2 main hull bunks, but nothing else. Could anyone send me any information for building a trailer, material list, sizes, anything would be greatly appreciated as I am not having any luck in finding prints or specs? Thank you very much.