New Owner - Hull #385

Talking about the boats in general, that don't fit in the other categories.
dcsailing1

New Owner - Hull #385

Post by dcsailing1 »

Congrats, I’m sure you will enjoy your T28. Perhaps we can schedule a mini cruise when you get settled in and or perhaps the first ever left coast T28 Rendezvous later. I know there is another T28 in Eugene OR and more in CA.

BTW, we get max revs with the “stock” prop on our 50hp
seicam

New Owner - Hull #385

Post by seicam »

Thanks everyone for replies!

- On engine - I actually went back to 20HP. I've talked to a few other owners and decided that extra weight and extra cost is too much .Will see, I do not think I will regret that, worst case is to try to upgrade later. For now extra cash will help get the boat equippped.

- On sailing - I've been chartering from a local sail club, mostly monohulls and mostly in 30-40ft range (Bavaria, Dufour, Catalina, etc). Decided it's time to own and that I want something more versatile.

DCSailing - randevous - that would be nice. Once I get more familiar with the boat, we can chat. I know there is a growing number of boats on the "left coast". Will was telling me he has 2 deliveries to WA state this summer, not sure who's the second.

Gary - once I get the boat I will sure post the pictures.

Cheers,
Maciek
trashpad

New Owner - Hull #385

Post by trashpad »

New Owners,

I am not far from PCI so if you need any photos of your new pride and joy let me know.
seicam

New Owner - Hull #385

Post by seicam »

Just to close this thread - we ended up with hull 384, thanks to some good star alignment, and named her Sophia. She is with us for a week now and it's been quite exciting so far. My family loves her, we have sailed her as part of commisioning and then on our own on Wed and just today. Today was up 16knt true wind and some chop, but we managed to sail quite well. I've put a reef in, just to be on a safe side, and we still were making up 8 knots close hauled. Earlier in the week we had lighter winds.

So far the boat is most of what I expected - sailing fast, yet easy to handle and quite forgiving. It has just right amount of space for our family, we have already tried to sleep onboard, just to see how it goes.

This week we had her on a mooring in a marina, tomorrow she will be moved to the on-trailer storage in the same marina. This seems like a best option for now, we can keep the mast up and everything ready to go, yet pay less for moorage.

Anyway, if you're in the area, drop me a line, we can go sailing together.

Regards,
Maciek
Dan

New Owner - Hull #385

Post by Dan »

Congratulations Maciek. Post some photos when you can. :-)

Will Hershfeld posted this on Facebook, and I thought I’d repost it here.

http://gallery.me.com/whershfeld#100364
seicam

New Owner - Hull #385

Post by seicam »

Thanks Dan.
Yes, that's our boat there, but not me on it - must have been a potential client with whom Will did a demo run.