Optimal paper chart size

Talking about the boats in general, that don't fit in the other categories.
BoarX

Optimal paper chart size

Post by BoarX »

Not sure that this is the right place for such question, but here goes. In preparation for the season I am getting a set of paper charts. I just discovered that "full size" NOAA charts are like 3'x 4', which is kinda big for T28 chart table. With the boat in winter storage I am unable to measure it. I can rescale and print the charts myself, but I would like to do it just right for the table size. Does anyone recall the size of our chart table? Or the chart format that fits on it?

Thanks!
Alex
West Lafayette, IN
2009 Telstar 28 Unicorn
Sail #383 (hull?)
Member of Clinton Lake Sailing Association
Ron

Re: Optimal paper chart size

Post by Ron »

Alex -

Another option for you - Water Proof Charts. That's the name of the company, and also what they sell. For the past 20 years, I've used nothing else (other than gps). They used to be located in Punta Gorda, about 5 miles from my house, but have moved up north somewhere. The advantages include: they're waterproof, smaller than NOAA's, two sided, and almost indestructible.

https://waterproofcharts.com/
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
BoarX

Re: Optimal paper chart size

Post by BoarX »

OK, I got to my storage and measured the chart table. In reply to my own question, T28 chart table is 23 x 32 inches. Quite a few full-size NOAA charts should fit at least in one dimension - I am impressed. If I could only find a suitable Yeoman plotter now.
A.
West Lafayette, IN
2009 Telstar 28 Unicorn
Sail #383 (hull?)
Member of Clinton Lake Sailing Association