Telstar T2 in Jacksonville FL?

Talking about the boats in general, that don't fit in the other categories.
onremlop

Re: Telstar T2 in Jacksonville FL?

Post by onremlop »

I have Hull 352 and we live in Ocala, FL (south of Gainesville right off I75). We have it on the trailer if you are still interested. We pull it with our 2017 Ford F-150.
Ron

Post by Ron »

Lou -

The 26 and 28 are totally different boats and would need the trailers set up differently. You might be better off looking at what Tony did years ago for these trailers, but you could probably start off with this Venture trailer (or any other with similar specs).
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
Hull52

Post by Hull52 »

Thanks Ron.

Are the Hulls that different? I should have taken pictures of the Telstar that we (you) moved for the widow of that former owner. It started out on a trailer as I recall. I have to find one on a trailer and go take a long look at what they did. My boat rests on three curved bunks that run parallel to the axles and sit at the point of the three main bulkheads on the boat. They raise the boat up high enough that the folded amas can fit over the fenders. I think that regular bunks might suffice for now, as my main desire is to transport the boat once a year north to south and back again in the spring. Using a Travel-all to get it on and off the trailer is okay with me for now.

Not only is my trailer rusted beyond hope but it is under-designed to begin with. It is too light, undersized and the tongue is far too short. I have trailered the boat on the factory trialer for short distances here in South Jersey over the years and always had my heart in my mouth. My main concern was the, so called, axles. They did not span the width of the trailer like most axles, they were cheap British imitations of an axle, short stubby things that were welded onto the frame.

Anyway, maybe I'll mozy on down the Annapolis to see if I can find a T28 on a trailer.

Thanks for the thoughts.

Lou