Bought, Trailed, Broke, and Sailed…

Talking about the boats in general, that don't fit in the other categories.
Tri’d n Sail’d

Re: Bought, Trailed, Broke, and Sailed…

Post by Tri’d n Sail’d »

I agree with your displeasure of the naming. It makes no sense. It is the D frame though...the one that starts everything and lifts the C (aft lifting) frame.
Jim Parsch
Sunshine & Whiskey
Telstar 28 #339
Bedford, IN
Bill

Post by Bill »

On the wind gauge issue, I found that the wire that comes out of the mast had corroded and broken. I was able to cut out the corroded section and re-solder to the plug, but only just barely. The battery powered soldering iron almost couldn't do the job, and I've no extra length in the wire, will have to replace the whole wire in the mast if this happens again. Naturally, I did my best to seal it up on the outside with caulk.
Tri’d n Sail’d

Post by Tri’d n Sail’d »

Well, the wind instrument was another issue and very similar to what you described Bill. The deck plug was severely corroded. Tried soldering wires to the old plug like you did but it was too bad. Ended up cutting entire plug out and putting wires together no plug. That plug is no longer made, so I ordered the updated version. I will install as soon as it arrives. There didn’t seem to be plenty of wire inside the deck. The owner of a 2009 model who sails where I do had the same problem but he was able to repair his like you did.
Jim Parsch
Sunshine & Whiskey
Telstar 28 #339
Bedford, IN