Telstar 8m stern extension

Talk about the older Telstar 26 and 8M
Goose606

Telstar 8m stern extension

Post by Goose606 »

Dear All,

I have just purchased an old 8m, I want to bring her up to date. I have read about hobby horsing etc. to be honest don't fancy that much. I have sailed beach catamarans for years so this is my first cabin and trimaran.

I want to have the stern extended to make her 30 feet. I want to purchase new sails main and jib and install a gennicker.(screacher)

I would welcome any technical drawings or specifications that I can give to a boat builder to undertake this work for me. in addition if anyone can give me the name of a sailmaker who can help with my requirements.

Any help much appreciated.

Best regards
D
Hull52

Re: Telstar 8m stern extension

Post by Hull52 »

Take a look at the post from this link. http://www.telstarowners.net/bb/viewtop ... f=23&t=699 He is the owner of an extended Telstar 26. He can probably provide you with any of the information you need.

As far as sailmakers, if you are in the US, I would recommend Dave Biering. He made my original sails when he lived in England and still has many of the patterns. He can only be reached by mail and phone. He has no website or email.

Dave Bierig
Bierig Sailmakers
11092 Freeport Lane
North East, PA 16428-3006

Regards,

Lou
Cruissser

Post by Cruissser »

I recently bought a genoa from second wind sails in Fort Lauderdale. They have new sails as well and prices seem reasonable. They do have quite a collection because of the hurricanes.

http://secondwindsails.com/

I love their web site because its easy to shop for what you want, but I would recommend calling to make sure its still in stock

I think its worth a look and could save you a few bucks, I know it worked well for us!!
Goose606

Post by Goose606 »

Many thanks for the answers

Much appreciated