Back in Florida

Talking about the boats in general, that don't fit in the other categories.
Ron

Back in Florida

Post by Ron »

We got back to Punta Gorda about 10 days ago, and the boat is ready to go out again. Hurricane Irma destroyed my full boat cover, but the rest of the boat make It thru with almost no damage. It looks good sitting at the dock. The forecast is 8 to 10 knots out of the northeast for the next few days, so I may go out a few times.
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
vancouver

Re: Back in Florida

Post by vancouver »

Great news Ron. Glad the boat made it thru undamaged.
Cruissser

Post by Cruissser »

Very Good to hear! Where did you have it stored? In a boat yard or dock? Was there much damage in the Punta Gorda?

How long will you be down there Ron? We are hoping to get down there around the first of December. Still working on the boat and learning the systems.

Randy
Ron

Post by Ron »

Boat was folded, mast down and covered on my lift for the summer. Irma got the cover. We usually stay here till early May.
Ron Marcuse
Benjtudor

Post by Benjtudor »

Ron
I am a new member located in Bradenton. I am a prospective Telstar 28 owner who needs to tour a local boat and get some questions answered. Would you mind helping me out? Please send me a PM if you would be willing to help put me in contact with a knowledgeable owner.
Thanks for your help
Ben Tudor
Ron

Post by Ron »

How about mine? It's in Punta Gorda. We'll be gone for a few days, but next week or the week after could be OK. But boat will be covered and on the lift by May 8.
Ron Marcuse
Benjtudor

Post by Benjtudor »

Ron
Thanks for the offer. I’ll take you up on this. If it’s ok I’ll probably bring my wife since she has way more common sense than I’ll ever possess. Next week would work great for me. My phone number is(651) 231-9338. Please contact me, next week, and we can set up a time that works for everyone. I appreciate the help and thanks again
Ben
Benjtudor

Post by Benjtudor »

Ron
I am still interested in contacting a Telstar 28 owner. I assume that you are getting ready to leave for the summer and are swamped so would you please give me the contact information on another Telstar 28 owner who lives near the Tampa area? I have a few questions about the boat that i would like answered.
Thanks
Ben Tudor
Ron

Post by Ron »

I'm putting the boat back in the water this afternoon, should be in for about a week, maybe 10 days. Probably going out tomorrow and at least one day next week. But it's dependent on the weather, so I can't say which day now - long range forecast involves rain and wind. I'll can call you the day before If that's OK.
Ron Marcuse