Restoration video

Talking about the boats in general, that don't fit in the other categories.
agprice22

Restoration video

Post by agprice22 »

Here is a pretty good summary video of the fiberglass repair and reinforcement I did on my new Telstar over last Winter.

https://youtu.be/f7u1v1dlfC0
wingman71

Re: Restoration video

Post by wingman71 »

Looks great! Does scare me about what is underneath of all the surfaces of my 10-year-old Telstar.

What is your sail number? That would help tell about when it was built relative to mine.

Are you willing to say how much you paid for the boat? Did you get a trailer that had been upgraded with disc brakes and all the other tweaks that had been recommended? Or are you upgrading that yourself, also?

John
jannpage

Post by jannpage »

Thanks for sharing. I will watch it again in a couple of weeks. I am strucing up my 06 but off to visit all the family now.
again thanks. Great job - both the boat and the video.
PJSAILOR
agprice22

Post by agprice22 »

Hi. My boat is 304, but my sail is 302... go figure! I paid 1/2 of what all the others are going for now. I also got a RIB dinghy and 2.5 hp Lehr outboard. I got a good trailer with disc brakes and new lines and lights. The boat came with many extras that I will have to wire up, as the PO did not maintain any of the systems. It also came with a 2008 Mercury 9.9 4 stroke motor. It also did not run when I got it, no maintenance in years. I fixed it, and it runs fine now. The wiring to the motor was corroded, so it would not start, and it needed a new solenoid.

I still have lots of work to do, but we brought the project a long way over Winter, Spring, and Summer. It is sailing well, and it looks good. Next Fall, Winter, and Spring, we will bring it further along!