New owner

Talking about the boats in general, that don't fit in the other categories.
Mangodoc

Re: New owner

Post by Mangodoc »

I closed on #342 last week in Key Largo. The boat has been great so far but the trailer has been an adventure as I tried to move it to the Alabama Gulf coast. Briefly, I only made it to Boca Raton before one of the tires blew so I replaced all four, but then only got 93 miles further to Fort Pierce, FL before something punctured the sidewall of one of the new ones. Unable to find a replacement in a timely manner, I put the boat in a storage lot and crawled home with my tail between my legs. I decided not to tempt fate again, and to just sail her there while I work out the kinks. I just got back from sailing her the last few days. The sailing was great, the trailer still has problems, but for the most part I'm happy with the boat. It meets most of my needs.

I'll be posting questions about issues in the relevant sections of the boards. Thanks in advance for any help.
Mangodoc
s.v. Trinity
agprice22

Post by agprice22 »

We got our first sail today! The boat sails really well. My wife loves it, and I am impressed!

We were out on Seneca Lake when the wind died, so we decided to swim. I took that oportunity to take an arial shot of the boat.

https://youtu.be/sifGEQUBxns

I will get some footage of her sailing next week!
escape

Post by escape »

Aimel,

Congratulation on your purchase, if you pass in Contrecoeur let me know, I live right In front of the Parc Nautique. At mid-august I plan to drive my boat to the Lac St-Jean for 3 weeks. While there I plan to visit the region with my truck, probably visit La maison du Déluge, go see La Fabuleuse and why not make a stop a La Baie marina.

I hope you enjoy your boat as much as I enjoy mine.
Michel
Chenoa, #377
Aimel

Post by Aimel »

Hi Escape,
Give me a call when you will come to La Baie and we will certsinly meet.
428-376-2718
Rgds
jannpage

Post by jannpage »

Greetings. you will find they really perform very will Great goat except for the light weight flexible structure. I hope your repairs stand up well so the boat becomes less a fixer. but the problems are not often more than cosmetic. Many of us sort of come and go.

PJSailor
onremlop

Post by onremlop »

I have a 2007 Telstar and I am the original owner. We have sailed her in MN and FL as well as other places. Over the years, I have been dumping Telstar information into a blog I created awhile back. It is more for my resources than anything, but there is some good information relating to the boat.

http://www.telstartrimaran.com/p/page-2.htm

You might find some of the information useful.

Paul
Hull 352. 3SUM.