Dodger and Bimini

Talking about the boats in general, that don't fit in the other categories.
seicam

Dodger and Bimini

Post by seicam »

Nice cushions Gary. I will give Custom Covers a call and see if they can give me a quote. Do you think this is something that can be installed on my own?

Thanks,
Maciek
gary green

Dodger and Bimini

Post by gary green »

I think you may want to discuss installation precedures with Custom Covers. They have a template for the location of the hardware on the boat that they could send you. Probably a lot of pictures and dimensions would help.

gary g.
onremlop

Dodger and Bimini

Post by onremlop »

We sail in MN and the bimini is not heavily used. For us, it is more of a nuisance since we hardly deploy it and tends to get in the way. We are in the process of de-winterizing it today and I am thinking of not attaching it this year.
simonhayes

Dodger and Bimini

Post by simonhayes »

I sail on San Francisco Bay which has its share of wind and weather. I have a factory dodger which I use on cold days and/or with "spray" conditions like on long stretches of sailing into a chop. I find it help a lot in terms of keeping dry and warmer in the cockpit. I tried the factory bimini when picked up the boat in Annapolis - couldn't stand it . It seemed design to make it really hard to get in and out of the cockpit and to make it impossible to see the sails. Although we get lots of sun - It is rare to get too hot on SF Bay so I wear a sun hat instead.

Simon
Ex-Telstar 28 Owner
San Francisco Bay, CA