SW FL Telstar 28 Owners

Talking about the boats in general, that don't fit in the other categories.
foreverunstopable

SW FL Telstar 28 Owners

Post by foreverunstopable »

Happy Labor Day:

My wife and I have been looking at buying a trailerable tri for some time and would like to take an honest look at the Telstar 28. Unfortunately we have not been able to find one for sale in South West Florida or Florida as a whole for that matter.

Were members of the SSS and there are mostly Corsairs, a few Farriers and the smaller Windrider/Wetas but have yet to see a 28 up close.

Would there be any local Telstar 28 owners or an owners group in the Port Charlotte, Sarasota, Tampa Bay area who would be open to sharing some time and thoughts on the Telstar?

Thanks again!
Ron

Re: SW FL Telstar 28 Owners

Post by Ron »

My 28 is in Punta Gorda. But we spend the summer in NJ and expect to return to FL in late October. You can see it anytime after that, and can watch or help me launch and rig it if you want to. It spends the summer covered on a boat lift behind the house. There are (or were?) several others in FL as well.
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
wooden

Re: SW FL Telstar 28 Owners

Post by wooden »

We are in the Keys. The boat is tucked away for hurricane season, but will be in the water this winter. You are welcome to ride. There was a nice T28 for sale in Big Pine FL this last year. I am not sure if it still is for sale, but an internet search should reveal something if it is. This is a wonderful boat, and you would enjoy it if you could find one.
Steve & Mittie Wooden
Bayou Vista TX (Galveston)
"Gnarly's Poop Deck" Hull #340