Boat/Owner Info

Talking about the boats in general, that don't fit in the other categories.
Gene

Boat/Owner Info

Post by Gene »

I'd love to see users... well user/owners here put their boat names/hull #'s/locations on their profiles... just a suggestion from a friend ;-)
Plash Island, AL
USA
escape

Re: Boat/Owner Info

Post by escape »

Great idea, also there is a map with boat location. It would be nice if more owners place their boats on the map!

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF& ... 8a9bf8e4ce
Michel
Chenoa, #377
Gene

Post by Gene »

I think I need some tutoring on how to add myself...
Plash Island, AL
USA
onremlop

Post by onremlop »

I created a cheatsheet on how to do it. You can go to this URL:

http://goo.gl/iWIeR
escape

Post by escape »

1- open the map...
2- click Edit (red square), on the top left of the map (close to the zoom controls) you will have 3 new icons.
3- select the icon "Add a Place mark"
4- enter your information, click on the blue icon to select other type of icons (blue sailboat :-))
5- click Done
if you need to re-edit or delete, once in edit mode(red square) double click on your boat icon.

There is also an interactive tutorial for creating new maps (under the Edit red square)

Have fun!

Michel
Michel
Chenoa, #377
Ron

Post by Ron »

If we ever get the web site up I'd like to do a restricted members section with some details about the members and their boats. Something like name, city, boat type and name, etc. Not sure about phone numbers or email id's. The forum does not have decent security to do something like this.
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
Sailawaytom

Post by Sailawaytom »

OK, so I'm a little slow like so many other users here :)
I purchased Hull# 307, although sail has 306 from Jackalope and sail in Galveston Bay mostly. Today while sailing aboard the America's Cup boat Stars and Stripes I saw a Telstar 28 with sail # 352! I would love to find the owner so that I may visit with them when I am in San Diego which happens about twice a year, any help?!
I can be found at sailawaytom on Facebook! Also, my boat has a new name, "Tri-A-Little" and the outer hulls have been painted Red,she looks great!
Sailawaytom Hull #306
Boatname "Tri-A-Little"
onremlop

Post by onremlop »

Sailawaytom wrote:OK, so I'm a little slow like so many other users here :)
I purchased Hull# 307, although sail has 306 from Jackalope and sail in Galveston Bay mostly. Today while sailing aboard the America's Cup boat Stars and Stripes I saw a Telstar 28 with sail # 352! I would love to find the owner so that I may visit with them when I am in San Diego which happens about twice a year, any help?!
I can be found at sailawaytom on Facebook! Also, my boat has a new name, "Tri-A-Little" and the outer hulls have been painted Red,she looks great!
I own 352, but she is in St. Pete Florida. I have seen pictures of a telstar trimaran out in San Fran on the internet and it may be an earlier one that is not a T2.
Sailawaytom

Post by Sailawaytom »

Thanks for the reply, regretfully though I must admit I was in error in the sail number, it was actually 372! I am back in San Diego now though and still watching for her!!!
I can be found on FB as sailawaytom, Thanks!
Sailawaytom Hull #306
Boatname "Tri-A-Little"
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

Help,

I finally got around to trying to put my boat on this map and cannot do it.
I am sure I am missing something.
I do not see a red square in the upper left and when I right click I do not get the option to "add a placemark"

Jerry