looking for a telstar

Talking about the boats in general, that don't fit in the other categories.
SteveM

Re: looking for a telstar

Post by SteveM »

Thanks Mark I'd like that. We are going to Charlotte Harbor in Feb and I am going to try to get Ron or Paul up in Tampa to give us a ride on one. Maybe I can get my wife as excited as I am about them. Is your boat the one listed with Murry Yacht sales? Steve
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

I'd like to see your boat. I haven't figured out what travel plans are yet. Is your boat listed with Murry? Steve
Mark Gassan

Post by Mark Gassan »

Yes,it is. Sorry about the delay in my response, I didn't realize the conversation had rolled to another page. My boat has few modifications and does include a trailer.
Cathyalan

Post by Cathyalan »

Hello Steve,

Just found the "new" site, didn't know it had been re-born as a .net. Yes, we remember meeting you at the "slip" on Stockton Island. We have been around a bit since then...www.cathyalan.com Usrid: kegonsa Pwd: kegonsa

Hope you can get yourself a Telstar, quite the trailer boat. We get many comments.

Alan & Cathy
Cathy & Alan #313
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Mark Thanks I really don't have a definite plan but will get in touch if we are going to be in the area. To bad we aren't going to the Super Bowl. Steve
tiMoun

Post by tiMoun »

This is to STEVEM
Hi Steve, for some reason I am not able to reply to your mail, you can contact me at mmichaelbrown@mac.com and the answer is yes.
Michael
Sailawaytom

Post by Sailawaytom »

Mark, you're not so far away from me in Galveston, maybe we can get together next year!?! I am not home again until probably around June but hopefully I will remember to check back in and see what you are up to.
Happy Sailing and Happy New Year!
Sailawaytom Hull #306
Boatname "Tri-A-Little"
jannpage

Post by jannpage »

Hello all. I am nearing the end of my first year with a 06 telstar. Yes - we love it. (I love almost anything with sails) It is fast, comfortable, flat sailing. For what it is is it is even pretty roomy. No where near the comfort of a 33ft Crouther but a better rough sea high wind boat. But my old 27ft Compac had both the Telstar and the Crouther beat for living comfort. The Telstar's galley and head are pretty rudimentary. In fact my friends cheap little 26ft McGregor is probably a better trailer sailer for a couple with a child or two. Particularly if you are going to be in it for more than a day or two.

Anyone who says a Telstar is an easy boat to launch and retrieve is overstating it a little. And read the posts of the headaches on this forum. Anything the Tony Smith ever built was built with the price out the door always in mind. He did a great job of getting a lot of boat out the door at a low price. The rudders and keels on these boats are fragile. The ama extension and retraction is tricky and sticky.

I have been owning several sailboats since the late 60's, most of the time 2 or 3 or more at a time, We put 2500 miles on in the Med in 2008. I have a 24ft Strider Cat and the Telstar in the water right now.

As I said at the first. I love it. It is a great comfortable mile maker. It will sail for hours even close hauled on the autopilot and easily do over 100 miles a day in the daylight and fairly rough sea and outrun all but serious racing boats under almost any sailing circumstances. But be prepared to take care of it and fix it. I sailed a beast of a 10 Meter Catalac for several years. It was a 5 to 7 knot boat but goodness it was comfortable to use day after day. Beached in under 3ft of water too. Just would not get in out in our 1 to 2 ft of water hear.

I would sure look at a 26 -27 ft Catalina or Hunter Water ballast to trailer sail where you are talking. (We spent the summer of 1998 on a new 29ft Nimble at the Lake of the Ozarks). Trailered it in and out with a 32ft motorhome.

We are in Pensacola and you are invited to visit our Telstar about anytime. It is in the water and ready to go the first nice day.

lefty2 :lol:
sandeb2

Post by sandeb2 »

1981 Telstar 26 [8M] Folding Trimaran for sale in WA near Seattle.
including trailer with subframe for easy ramp launching.
Simple Ama lifting system allows both amas to be raised in 22 min. and launched in 37 min.
2012 Merc EFI 4s outboard. 5 sails. catalytic propane heater and propane stove.
all in sold and good working shape.
custom dodger and bimini with side curtains. $19.9K

see http://wordyachts.com/telstar-26?rt=1&ri=14928694
https://picasaweb.google.com/sandeb2/81TelestarTri#
https://plus.google.com/photos/10717133 ... 5988716209

Sandy 253-376-8273 sandy@wordyachts.com
Sandy & Debbie Williamson Telstar 8M #254
WORDBoats.com & HeliCat.net & WORDyachts.com S cell:253-376-8273 or 888-387-1963
Spanaway, WA 98387 near Seattle
Sandy & Debbie Williamson Telstar 8M #254
WORDBoats.com & HeliCat.net & WORDyachts.com S cell:253-376-8273 or 888-387-1963
Spanaway, WA 98387 near Seattle
tiMoun

Post by tiMoun »

Hi Steve

I am selling my Telstar 28 located in Sausalito. See ad in classified section of the forum.

Michael
tiMoun