Alma repair

Talking about the boats in general, that don't fit in the other categories.
doelli

Alma repair

Post by doelli »

Dear All

I had an unfortunate accident yesterday in the Connecticut River which has damaged the port alma. I was in the process of folding the alam in when a Coast Guard boat roared across the river (which is by the way a no wake zone) causing 3, 6ft waves. We hit the waves with the alma partially open.

Unfortunately the force with which we hit the waves caused the alma to buckle and wedge the alma partially out. There is no break that I can see in the integrity of hull but the vessel is listing badly as the hull is skewed out.

Has anyone suffered something similar? If so, who did you get to repair it since the demise of the Telstar range?

Does anyone know if Peformance Cruising have any surplus almas?

Many thanks

Douglas
simonhayes

Alma repair

Post by simonhayes »

Douglas,

Wow - that sounds serious.

When you say the ama is buckled - can you be more precise as to where the damage is. Do you mean that the metal pivots are bent or has the metal "box" that connects the ama to the main hull been pulled away from hull or ama ?

- Simon
Ex-Telstar 28 Owner
San Francisco Bay, CA
doelli

Alma repair

Post by doelli »

Chris

Thx for the reply.

I hope to haul The Cure out asap to see the extent of the damage. I certainly know the rear pivot is jammed down into the outrigger, although I don't believe the fibreglass has been breached. I will post photos when I have them and post any relevant info when I get it.

Best

Douglas