Hull #???

Talking about the boats in general, that don't fit in the other categories.
Ron

Hull #???

Post by Ron »

Pierre -

I think there were 8 or so prototypes. Tony did not want to sell then until the end, and then they wound up on ebay and other outlets, and sold as experiments rather than documented boats. Two wound up in NJ, bought by someone who was planning on salvaging some parts to make a complete boat. A lightweight project boat (resin infusion on the main hull) was sold to someone in Nevada. I think another wound up in Nevada as well.

Graham - who bought the two going to NJ, knows a lot more about all of these prototype boats. There could be some construction indicators which will place the boat in terms of age.
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
Ron

Hull #???

Post by Ron »

Graham is on the forum. He will respond to this if he sees it. You can send him a PM instead. One of the 2 boats was up for sale last year or earlier this year.
Ron Marcuse
Graham

Hull #???

Post by Graham »

Pierre send me a PM and we can talk. I just spent 4 hours putting together the history of the prototypes and the computer keeps clearing out the message box. This is the fourth time it has done it. So.. I am giving up.
Ron

Hull #???

Post by Ron »

Hi Graham -

Do it with Word or something like it, save it occasionally, then copy / paste the text to the forum. Much safer that way. I'm interested in hearing what the two of you discuss.

How's the boat coming along? Did you ever set up the aluminum trailer for the boat? We're down in FL now, got the boat uncovered and off of the lift and it's set up to go sailing the first nice day. Scattered showers forecast for the next two days.
Ron Marcuse
Graham

Hull #???

Post by Graham »

Hi Ron, Will post history. Havin keyboard problem. Yes worked out trailer lift mechanism haven't built it yet. Want to put boat in water first. Splashes next year in Staten Island. Will be in Florida next Memorial day for a weddin and then will be lookin around with wife for possible retirement house. Maybe we can et toether.