Swap sales at the Annapolis Boat show.

Talking about the boats in general, that don't fit in the other categories.
luigisante

Post by luigisante »

Haven't made it to the Annapolis boat show in the past few years. I used to go realy early so I could catch the swap sales that were taking place all over the city. Anybody know of any that are being conducted this year? I am making a punch list of the things I need to get done this winter. I can accomplish a few of these things at the shows (vinyl name, cushions, etc.) but would like to find some affordable equipment at the swaps (winches?). Is there a list of the local swap meets that anyone knows about?

Lou Giansante
Ron

Post by Ron »

Lou -

There's almost always one at the Backyard Boats building, across Spa Creek from City Dock. It's next to the Chart House.
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
luigisante

Post by luigisante »

Thanks. I'll put that one on my list. They used to have one at the local high school on the day of the boat show and Wheems and Plath puts a lot of its old stock out for grabs too (I would like a few small kerosene lanterns as backup and decoration)... I wonder if they still do? I may spend the day in swap meets and not make the show. :D

Lou
petrel

Post by petrel »

Hello Lou,

I also hope to go the Annapolis Sailboat Show. Maybe we could meet up? Please PM me.

Geoffrey
Ron

Post by Ron »

I'm going to either the Annapolis or Miami shows, but not both. Not sure yet which one it will be. We leave for FL in late October and I'll probably have a lot of work to do in early October. I want to take a good look at the Facnor ASM-FX spinnaker furler. I'd use the sail a lot more if it furled.
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
petrel

Post by petrel »

Ron,

If you do go to the Annapolis Show it would be great to meet up if possible - I live in Maryland so am probably more flexible than both you and Lou.

I am also curious about that Facnor furler. It looks like a very good design and probably what is needed for reliable furling of a screecher or the like.

Geoffrey
luigisante

Post by luigisante »

Geoffrey

I'll probably go on Saturday. It would be great to meet up for coffee and chat. Ron - I just got back from Southbeach and my wife would never let me sneak away for the show without her.