What Size for a Telstar 28 shed?

Talking about the boats in general, that don't fit in the other categories.
JAHall

Post by JAHall »

We are about to build a shed for our current boat, but still hope to get a Telstar 28 someday.
How TALL (and how long) should we build a shed that would protect a Telstar 28?
Thanks for any suggestions!
Jackie
dcarl

Post by dcarl »

I built a car port for my truck and travel trailer. It has 12 ft clearance and the Telstar fits with no problem. Length for my shed is 27 ft so just a few feed short for the Telstar.

David
Shockwave #327
Pensacola FL
Graham

Post by Graham »

Just remember to calculate for the rudder which hangs out the stern and also for the mast when it is lowered. If the shed has front doors don't forget the trailer tongue. If your seriously thinking about a telstar then I would wait on the shed until I had the overall measurements. Also do you plan to work on the boat in the shed? Think about height and maybe roll up doors on the side of the shed so that you can open up the amas.
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

I am looking to do this in the spring also. While the entrance door can be 12' I would make sure that the inside clearance is at least 14'-15' so you can raise the boat up and pull the trailer out.
Mark

Post by Mark »

I had a house built with an attached combined car + boat garage last year. The boat side has a 16 foot high double garage door. 42 foot long I believe, and 18' high. I can measure it exactly if you like. The boat and trailer just fits with the antenna still on the mast. Each ama can be partially opened when centered or one side completely when on one side. A couple of feet longer would be nice.

Mark
dcsailing1

Post by dcsailing1 »

Our "Fun to Tri" lives in a 42 X 12 x14 high bay of a triple wide pole shed. A bit more length would be great as others have mentioned. With the interior loss of the poles and framing that's about the min for length and width and still be able to get around the boat.