Wikipedia article

Talking about the boats in general, that don't fit in the other categories.
seicam

Wikipedia article

Post by seicam »

Since the Telstar info has been removed from PCI web site and there is really no "official" place to get consolidated info and specs about Telstar line of boats, other than perhaps this site, I decided to add an entry to Wikipedia. Here it is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telstar_trimaran

I tried to gather as much info as I could and provide good references. I hope this knowledgable comunity here can chime in and add more info and correct the data that is there. I am sure there are some mistakes. Keep in mind it has to be encyclopedic info and needs to usually be supported with good references. Posting images can also be tricky as various copyright issues need to be avoided.

But anyway, it's a start. Party on!

Regards,
Maciek
Pat Ross

Wikipedia article

Post by Pat Ross »

Great Idea!

Pat
petrel

Wikipedia article

Post by petrel »

Maciek,

Excellent work. Thanks. The mast height above deck on the 8m is missing. I could measure this on my boat but I am concerned as with many of Tony's boats it could be different than others. Maybe if all us 8m owners did the same and we got a consensus then you could add that data?

Thanks again
Geoffrey
seicam

Wikipedia article

Post by seicam »

Thanks for the kind words Geoffrey. I would just add your measurement. If others have a different one, they can add more data later. That's a nice thing about wikis.

I have noticed that Wikipedia editors have removed the photo I've put on the site. I have used PCI stock photo. I have put enough IMO justification to use it, but apparently it does not meet the Wikipedia rules. If anyone has a good photo of their boat while sailing, from a good angle, please add it to the article.

Thanks,
Maciek
petrel

Wikipedia article

Post by petrel »

Maciek,

I assume the deck used for the required measurement is the foredeck?

It seems the most logical because of the varying height of the side decks with its steps and slopes.

Geoffrey
isaacsman

Wikipedia article

Post by isaacsman »

Maciek,

No mention of the 'Marina' version of the 8M. I don't have the figures to hand but several were produced.

Mike
seicam

Wikipedia article

Post by seicam »

Geoffrey - I am assuming you mean the measurement of the mast height? If so, I believe it is the measurement from the place where the mast stands.

Mike - please feel free to add that information. I could not find reliable source of info for this version.

Also, if anyone has good images to put on that page, specifically ones that do not violate Wikipedia's image posting policies, please add them. I had originally put one of the stock photos from PCI, but it has been removed. Apparently my justification for it was not convincing enough.

Thanks,
Maciek
petrel

Wikipedia article

Post by petrel »

Maciek,

I am under the impression that the mast height is the distance from the top of the mast to the surface of the deck. Not from the top of the mast to the top of the cabin.

The Telstar has various deck levels hence my original question. I think the deck datum is where the inner chain plates meet the deck, but I could be wrong.

Anyone else got any specifics?

Thanks
Geoffrey
Ron

Wikipedia article

Post by Ron »

Mast height, at least those published in boat reviews and builders specifications, would normally refer to the height of the mast above the WATER. That's what really matters when you are going under a non-lifting bridge, who's published specs are always clearance under the bridge at high tide. Mast length is another issue and considering keel vs. deck attachment, has little to do with it's actual height above the water line.
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"