Charter Telstar

Talking about the boats in general, that don't fit in the other categories.
seicam

Charter Telstar

Post by seicam »

I'm sure you will find someone willing to give you a demo ride. It's always one more good reason to go sailing. Just let us know where you are located.

BTW, that is also a way I came to a decision on purchasing Telstar - since I live on West Coast and could not travel to PCI at the time, I found an owner in Oregon who was willing to let go sailing with me and my family. That was a great way to get a feel of the boat and see what it can do.

Good luck in your search.

Maciek
onremlop

Charter Telstar

Post by onremlop »

P Brett

We were sailing our Telstar on Lake Minnetonka, but have relocated to FL. We are having it moved down here and would be more than happy to have you take the helm. The Telstar is a very easy and forgiving boat to sail.
Dan

Charter Telstar

Post by Dan »

Brett—

The Telstar is an unlikely candidate for charter due to its relatively small size. However, there are a few owners in the Mid-west that might be willing to take you out. Also, if you're ever in the Massachusetts area, I'd be willing to take you out.
simonhayes

Charter Telstar

Post by simonhayes »

Brett,

Likewise,If you are traveling on the West Coast near San Francisco Bay, give me a holler and will take you out

- Simon
Ex-Telstar 28 Owner
San Francisco Bay, CA
Ron

Charter Telstar

Post by Ron »

I'll be in Punta Gorda in about 5 weeks. January should be OK if you wanted to sail on Charlotte Harbor.
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
Cathyalan

Charter Telstar

Post by Cathyalan »

Sorry I didn't see this post sooner. We have been sailing Green Bay, Michigan and north Huron for 9 days at a time in June, July, August, and September this year. Just took her out after a week of sailing out of Bailey's Harbor, Door County, WI. We would have welcomed fellow mid-west sailors...even a Viking fan. We sail out of Madison, WI and trailer the Telstar to where we want to sail. Trailered her to St. Ignace and sailed Straits of Mackinac and Les Cheneaux Islands for a week in August.

Next year we plan to sail the North Channel (northern Lake Huron) out of De Tour, UP, MI in August. Hopefully the Apostle Islands in July.

It would be nice to have another Telstar on the Great Lakes. There is on in Michigan besides us. Around Door County we are known as the "Foldable Boat" :D

Alan and Cathy
Cathyalan
Cathy & Alan #313
simonhayes

Charter Telstar

Post by simonhayes »

P. Brett,

I should be in town that weekend. My boat is actually at Coyote Point Marina in San Mateo which is very close to Foster City. I will send you a private message with my contact info .

thanks

Simon
Ex-Telstar 28 Owner
San Francisco Bay, CA