Reboot is sold

Talking about the boats in general, that don't fit in the other categories.
trashpad

Reboot is sold

Post by trashpad »

Last Friday we finalized the sale of Reboot. She was a great boat to sail and will miss her but I know that the new owner will take care of her. I want to thank every one here for their support over the years.

Kurt and Kathy

Looking for a big cat.
Dan

Reboot is sold

Post by Dan »

Congratulations on the sale. As for big catamarans, how large are you thinking? A Chris White Atlantic 42 might be a nice choice. They are very well designed and built boats with good short-handed sailing characteristics and perform very well under sail.
JoeWalling

Reboot is sold

Post by JoeWalling »

Dan, do you know of any T28s over here in the UK? I just vaguely toying with the idea of converting HUSH, either to make her into a partial wing deck boat or by going the whole hog and sawing off the wing decks completely. I'd keep and fill in the existing outer hulls but look for some mechanism to 'marina-ise' them.HUSH is a Mk2 so I'd probably extend the overall width from 15ft to 16ft at the same time. I'm not aware of anyone having done this to an older Telstar and I'd like to look at one of the newer ones to see first hand how it is done.

This is the problem when you are away from the boat - on a French campsite in my case - for a couple of weeks, wondering about what else to modify!

Joe
Ron

Reboot is sold

Post by Ron »

Joe -

I know that PCI had one there, but I think they probably brought it back. Their goal was European certification, not sure how that went either. The 28's are a little over 18 feet wide extended. Specs say 18, but I measured mine at about 18' 2". Folded they are also a drop wider than specs - about 1 inch as I recall, or 1 inch wider than what's allowed on our highways with no wide load permits (8' 6"). Lucky for us that it would be very hard for anyone to measure if stopped.

It would cost you a few pounds (EU's ?) to convert it - is it worth it?

Hey Kurt - good luck with whatever you wind up with.
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
trashpad

Reboot is sold

Post by trashpad »

Thanks everyone,

We have our eyes on a Farrier F 44 right now. I will let you know how it turns out.

Kurt
rorr1203

Reboot is sold

Post by rorr1203 »

Kurt, will Reboot be staying on the bay?
trashpad

Reboot is sold

Post by trashpad »

She is getting packed up for a long trip to Alberta Canada.

Kurt
rorr1203

Reboot is sold

Post by rorr1203 »

:(