Condensation?

Talking about the boats in general, that don't fit in the other categories.
Frimann

Condensation?

Post by Frimann »

Donno about the 28- In my old 26 there was a condensation problem until I installed a cheap solar driven vent over the stove and two closeable ventilation openings in the door. Planning also to make a cover for the daggerboard opening to reduce evaporation and subsequently condensation in the cabin. The latter would also reduce water splashing into the cabin during trough the daggerboard opening during rough conditions. Love this strange old boat anyway
:D
seicam

Condensation?

Post by seicam »

Just wanted to post bakc that I have fixed the problem using Mark's suggestion. Simiarly to his boat, there were some holes in caulking on the port side under the engine brace. Applying 5200 in that area fixed the problem. We have cruised a lot in this season and no leaks in the aft bunk. Now if I can only figure out how to fix the leak from the water tank.

As for condensation, we do get a lot of it anyway. I have invested in a small heater and leave it on when I leave the boat in marina for longer time, with no ventilation. Seems to help.

Regards,
Maciek