T28 in Australia

Talking about the boats in general, that don't fit in the other categories.
trashpad

T28 in Australia

Post by trashpad »

I just found out from Performance Cruising that they sold and shipped a used T28 to Australia a few weeks ago. I asked Robin at PCI to forward the ITOA information to the new owners.
tricruiser

T28 in Australia

Post by tricruiser »

Hi,

I am the new owner of this T28.(still discovering it!)
What do you mean by sending the ITOA???

Thanks
Ron

T28 in Australia

Post by Ron »

He must have meant that the new owner may not have been aware of the existence of the association. But you are. Good luck with the boat, and what did you eventually have to do with the trailer? I recall that you had asked about the width and making it a drop narrower for registration in Australia.
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
tricruiser

T28 in Australia

Post by tricruiser »

Hello Ron,
I have to have brakes on all wheels here over 2T GMW. So, I will replace the two hubs with disk brakes and electronic control.
The width problem should be solved (I hope) by moving the 2 mud guards in by 1 inch each side. that should bring me to 2.5M.

I still have to finish a few modifications and minor repairs before I launch the boat and attend to the trailer.
B/RGDs
Ron

T28 in Australia

Post by Ron »

Be carefull with the "electronic" brake controls. These things are not as salt water friendly as a surge based hydraulic system, and have been known to fail when used as such. "Friendly" is perhaps the wrong word - few brake systems acutally like salt water. You've much better off with 4 disc's - they can be easily washed out after a dunking while drums can hold some of the water inside the drum. If you get the actuator wet, remember to flush that out as well.
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"