My reality check

Talking about the boats in general, that don't fit in the other categories.
onremlop

My reality check

Post by onremlop »

We pulled our Telstar about 3 weeks early this year because of the upcoming cold weather. We dropped it in the water in the spring 2 weeks later because of the cold weather.
Attachments
telstar snow.jpg
telstar snow.jpg (81.85 KiB) Viewed 707 times
Andy

My reality check

Post by Andy »

Come on up to the great white North! The weather is cool in Toronto now but no snow for a couple more months. We should have a few more good weeks of sailing and the winds are best in September October. I am hauling for the winter the last week of October, planning to relaunch in early May. It ain't Florida sailing but the fall colours are beautiful!

Andy
Telstar 371 "Leslie Ann II"
onremlop

My reality check

Post by onremlop »

Thanks for the offer! You guys are south of us by about 150 miles, but our colors are dropping quickly and I really don't care for the white icing. We are supposed to get more snow tonight. I need to move to a warmer place. My boat doesn't like sitting on the trailer much.
Ron

My reality check

Post by Ron »

We're heading south to Punta Gorda (Charlotte Harbor, SW coast of Florida) in about 2 to 3 weeks. It's a large protected bay with easy access to the Gulf of Mexico, etc. One of the better sailing areas in the world - and "cold" is defined as below 70 degrees.
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
Jerry

My reality check

Post by Jerry »

Peregrine is coming out of the water today. Our marina closes Nov 1 and this is my first time putting her on the trailer so I did not want to push it. We had hoped to sail today and trailer on the holiday tomorrow but the Lake has open water wind advisories for this afternoon so I think I will just give myself tomorrow to clean, change oils and winterize.

This is the first boat we have owned so this year was learning to sail her and the lake she is in. Thank you all on this forum for the help (I am about to post another one). It is a great community and I hope to meet some of you some day. Come on up to Champlain - it is a beautiful and quite large lake.

Jerry