Boat/US affiliation

Talking about the boats in general, that don't fit in the other categories.
Ron

Boat/US affiliation

Post by Ron »

I just got a package from Boat/US about renewing our affiliation with their boating association. Five of us have taken advantage of the half price Boat/US rates with our membership. I'm a little surprised that more of you haven't. This is a no brainer as far as I'm concerned. Besides the towing (both boat and trailer, which can be easily and reasonably upgraded to "unlimited"), they are the people who represent all of us at the federal and state levels. They have been the leader in defeating all sorts of legislation that will hurt or cost you. Everything from expensive federal fees and required inspections for ALL holding tanks (the real goal was to stop large freighters from bringing in organisms in their bilge tanks) to protecting the environment to pretty good marine insurance to having to buy gasoline with higher levels of ethanol. This is a win-win situation. You should join this group even if you don't want to belong to our association. Do both and we're just about free. Take a look at the thread in Member Benefits for a detailed breakdown of the advantages of joining.
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
Pat Ross

Boat/US affiliation

Post by Pat Ross »

I have been a member for years it is just not time for me to renew. When it is time I will renew thorugh the ITOA membership.

Pat
seicam

Boat/US affiliation

Post by seicam »

I've got my membership discount now through WestMarine when I went there for initial equipment purchases. When it comes to renewing next year I will definitely renew through ITOA. Please keep this benefit!

Thanks,
Maciek