Annapolis boat show

Talking about the boats in general, that don't fit in the other categories.
Ron

Annapolis boat show

Post by Ron »

Is anyone going to the Annapolis Sailboat show on Oct 9 thru 12? We may go - got a room reserved at a local motel for the 9th and 10th. Probably depends on the weather and how much work I will still have to do to move the boat (and a lot else) down to Florida 2 weeks later. If a few of us show up, we should probably try to get together one of the days or nights. I expect to be arriving in Annapolis on Friday and at the show on Saturday. Probably leave Sunday around noon.
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
Pat Ross

Annapolis boat show

Post by Pat Ross »

Ron,

I won't be there but I will have a boat there on display. Look for the Admiral 40 catamaran, Eclectic. The dingy on the stern is marketed by a company I am affliated with, Bluewater Baby Yacht Tenders, http://www.bluewaterbaby.com. We will be offering a discount package for sales during the show. The owner of Eclectic is a sales rep for both Admiral Yachts and Watercats, Inc, builder of the Bluewater Baby. I expect to do the Miami show.

Pat
wingman

Annapolis boat show

Post by wingman »

I live in Annapolis and usually go on Friday, early. If anyone wants to go out for a sail that weekend, I would be happy to accommodate.

John
Dan

Annapolis boat show

Post by Dan »

Wingman—

I'll be down that weekend for the boat show and would love to meet up with you for a daysail... :)

Dan
wingman

Annapolis boat show

Post by wingman »

Dan,

Let me know if you are available Saturday afternoon. Anyone else in town that would like to join us, let us know. Seeing the show from the water is a different perspective!

If we have another person, or if the winds are considerate, we will have a spinnaker run. I have flown the spinnaker in 20 knots with just two people, but it is not really a smart idea!

John
Ron

Annapolis boat show

Post by Ron »

We'll wind up getting to Annapolis Friday afternoon, spending 1 or 2 nights there, a full day at the show on Saturday, and leaving Saturday night or Sunday morning. Don't think I'll have time for a sail. Anyone want to meet for dinner or drinks on Friday night, or at PC's booth at the show on Saturday? We were planning on eating at Pussers. Probably the best food in the area and the PainKiller's aren't bad either.
Ron Marcuse
wingman

Annapolis boat show

Post by wingman »

There is another option, though it depends on the weather. We can do a night sail on Friday or Saturday night, leaving around 8:00 PM after eating crabs at Cantlers (on the water, Mill Creek, two minutes from my slip by water, 10 minutes by car) or leave Pussers by 7:30. We would go out for a few hours, enjoy one of the best times to sail, and still get back in time for you to be in bed by midnight. The moon will rise about 1020 (76%), so we will have a lot of dark for at least an hour. No power boats, but maybe a barge or two to avoid. Just dress warmly.

John
wingman

Annapolis boat show

Post by wingman »

I will be at the show when it opens on Friday and will visit the PCI dock first, just to check in. I will leave my cell phone number with them. I am still available for a Friday evening or Saturday afternoon or evening sail. Let me know if anyone is interested.

I also agree with Ron that it would be good to get together at restaurant on Friday night, though it may be difficult to get in anywhere. It may be easier to walk over to the Boatyard Bar and Grill in Eastport. It is about a 10 minute walk. You also may want to consider parking in Eastport, if you can find street parking that is not restricted. Much easier to get in and out. Finally, Annapolis Performance Sailing in Eastport usually has a sale of 15% off everything at their store. They are at the show, but have a better selection at the store, of course.

If you go to the show's website, they show all the lectures that are on during the weekend. Some are on multihulls.

John
Ron

Annapolis boat show

Post by Ron »

wingman wrote:I also agree with Ron that it would be good to get together at restaurant on Friday night, though it may be difficult to get in anywhere. It may be easier to walk over to the Boatyard Bar and Grill in Eastport. It is about a 10 minute walk.
Not sure if I want to eat there, but I'd meet for a drink or two. There are some very good restaurants in Annapolis and it's one of the reasons why I drive down every year. I kept my Catalina 400 there for about 6 years.
Ron Marcuse
wingman

Annapolis boat show

Post by wingman »

I can eat in Annapolis any night, so I will be glad to meet at any of the restaurants. My only concern is the ability to get in. Of course, there have been some changes downtown, so what you remember may not still be there!

Pussers usually has an inside the show dock lunch, and maybe dinner. I assume that you can get to the main restaurant from the front door without buying a show ticket, also. I am not sure that they take reservations, but I can check. I would need to know how many.

John